Suwon Convention Center is situated in the southern Suwon City around which various public institutions, research institutes and global corporations are centered. The SCC has been established by the Suwon City and expected to accommodate a growing number of exhibitions and conventions to be held in Gyonggi Province surrounding Seoul, the capital of the Republic of Korea.
The SCC, with 2 basement floors and 5 floors above ground, boasts a beautiful scenery along with Gwanghyo Lake Park nearby. In addition Suwon City is making efforts to develop the surrounding areas of the SCC as a MICE Complex accommodating a 5 Star-hotel, department store, and other entertainment facilities and also has been committed to becoming a designated MICE city in the nation.
As being approximately 35km away from Seoul(Gangnam), the SCC is easily accessible by the public transportation including subway(Gwangjyo Central Station) and airport limousine buses.
- Within the district of land development project area in Gwanggyo
- Construction period
- August 2016 ~ March 2019
- Site area
- 50,005㎡ (2 floors below and 5 floors above ground / Total building area 97,602㎡)
- Spatial Facilities
- - Exhibition Hall : 7,877㎡(divisible into 2 or 3 halls)
- Convention Hall : 3,040㎡(divisible into 3 halls)
- Event Hall : 308㎡
- Meeting Rooms : A total of 28 Meeting rooms
- Parking Capacity : 1,099 Vehicles
- 1995Planning for the Establishment of Suwon Convention Center
- 1997Suwon Hwaseong Fortress registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- 2014Signing on the agreement for the normalization of Suwon Convention Center construction
- 2016Construction of Suwon Convention Center began
- 2019Opening of Suwon Convention Center